Your #1 Source for Tasty Indian Food!
* Banana- 4 medium, mashed
* All purpose flour- 3 cups
* Cream cheese - 1 8 oz package, softened
* Butter- 3/4 cup ,softened or oil
* Pecans- 1 cup, roughly chopped and toasted
* Chocolate chips - 3 tbs
* Brown sugar- 2 cups
* Eggs- 2 large room temperature
* Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
* Baking powder- ½ tsp
* Baking soda - ½ tsp
* Salt - ½ tsp
1. Pre heat oven to 350 F (175 C), and grease two bread pans.
2. Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes, then remove from heat and let it cool.
3. Put the butter and cream cheese into a large bowl and mix until blended and creamy.
4. Add the sugar, and beat well to combine.
5. Blend in the vanilla, and then add the eggs one at a time. Blend it nice.
6. In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients, then add to the wet and mix at a low speed, until combined.
7. Stir in the bananas and pecans. One cake pan I added chocolate chips too.
8. Scrape dough evenly into well-greased bread pans, and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Cool bread on wire rack for about 15 minutes, then remove from pans and allow to cool an additional 30 minutes before slicing, to avoid excessive crumbling. Enjoy!